Feb 17, 2020
Graduate Program Chair
Wayne Whitfield, PhD
Keith Chenot, MFA
Sanjay Kaul, PhD
Please Note: This program is currently on hold and is not accepting students.
The Master’s of Education in Technology Education Program leads to professional licensure (5-12) in the field of technology/engineering education.
The master’s in technology education is a 39-credit program designed to fill the requirements for certification as a technology teacher and to meet the needs of the practicing teacher with prior preparation and experience. In addition, the program aims to:
- Demonstrate the application of a wide range of knowledge in the area of technology education, including the technologies of manufacturing, communications, construction, power, energy and transportation
- Prepare teachers to design, implement, and evaluate the most contemporary teaching strategies and approaches in technology/engineering education
- Enable teachers to acquire skills in developing and working with tools, machines and materials
- Explore relationships among technology/engineering education, career awareness, math, science and other fields of knowledge
- Implement unique problem-oriented strategies for diverse and exceptional student populations
Admissions Standards and Criteria
To apply for enrollment in the Master of Education in Technology Education Program, a student must submit documents as outlined in the graduate admissions section as well as:
- An official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (A liberal arts or science undergraduate major is required for those seeking full certification)
- A copy of initial licensure or professional certification
- For more information regarding licensure requirements for teacher preparation programs, contact the Educator Licensure Office at (978) 665-3239 or visit the Web site at www.fitchburgstate.edu/edunit.
The 39-credit program includes:
- Nine credits of graduate pedagogy
- Fifteen credits of technology knowledge and field applications
- Six credits of clinical experience
- Nine credits of professional electives
Subtotal of Graduate Pedagogy 9 cr.
Competence and Field Applications
(in the following cluster areas)
Subtotal of Competence and Field Applications 15 cr.
- Choose from any industrial technology courses. 9 cr.