Graduate Curriculum Committee
Lyndsey Benharris, PhD
Danette Day, EdD
Robert Shapiro, PhD, BCBA-D
Annette Sullivan, EdD
EDLM, M.Ed., Non-Licensure Online/Accelerated Program
The Online/Accelerated Master of Education in Educational Leadership and Management, Non-Licensure concentration, offers fully online courses in an accelerated 7-week format. The specially-selected content and experiences equip school administrators with the skills and competencies necessary for becoming effective educational leaders.
The MEd program in Educational Leadership and Management, Non-Licensure concentration, is designed for candidates to:
• Develop competencies in managerial skills related to political arenas, personnel, fiscal affairs, acquisition of material resources, diverse publics and pupil populations and organizational change
• Strengthen, deepen and expand the knowledge base in the field of leadership and management in order to anticipate and to solve current and future problems inherent in the educational system
• Demonstrate through course work and field-based experiences the knowledge, skills and dispositions that are required to collaboratively lead and manage an educational enterprise effectively and efficiently to improve teaching and learning
Admissions Standards and Criteria
To apply for enrollment in the Online/Accelerated MEd in Educational Leadership and Management Program, non-licensure concentration, candidates must submit documents as outlined in the Graduate Admission section of the Catalog, as well as:
• Official transcript of an undergraduate transcript from a regionally accredited institution, with evidence of a GPA of 2.8 or above (requirement waived if an applicant has a relevant graduate degree from an accredited institution)
• One professional reference is required for applicants whose previous GPA falls below a 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
• A professional resume
Please note that enrollment in the Online/Accelerated courses in this program, students must be admitted and submit their intent to enroll by the stated deadline for the term of admission. There are six start dates each year, so if you miss the deadline, you only have about 7 weeks before you can begin in the next term.
For information regarding licensure programs and requirements for teacher preparation programs, contact the Educator Licensure Office at (978) 665-3239 or visit their web site at www.fitchburgstate.edu/edunit.