|| Nicole Lajoie
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Fitchburg State is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) http://www.ccneaccreditation.org.
The LPN to BS in Nursing Bridge Program is designed to transition the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to the role of a baccalaureate prepared Registered Nurse. Graduates of this program are prepared to meet societal healthcare needs in a variety of settings. Legal, ethical and professional standards guide the student in the art and science of nursing. Respect for diversity, social responsibility, and a commitment to excellence in holistic nursing care are emphasized.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will:
• Synthesize knowledge from the liberal arts, sciences, and nursing as a foundation for safe, client-centered care.
• Incorporate basic organizational and systems leadership to provide quality care and patient safety.
• Integrate evidence-based practice including current research and critical thinking in the management of client care.
• Analyze information using information technology to improve patient outcomes.
• Examine the impact of health care policy, finance, and regulatory environments on nursing practice.
• Integrate principles of communication in professional practice.
• Synthesize knowledge of health promotion and disease/injury prevention in designing population focused care.
• Integrate professional standards of moral, ethical and legal conduct into nursing practice.
• Current LPN license in good standing.
• Graduate of an accredited LPN Program with Cumulative Grade Point Average of ≥ 77/GPA ≥ 2.5.
• Successful completion of three specified National League for Nursing-Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exams (NACE)I PN-RN at determined decision scores. Information regarding NLN Testing is available on the Department of Nursing LPN to BS in Nursing Webpage.
• Two letters of recommendation; one from a current employer and one from LPN program faculty on professional letterhead.
• Math Readiness Requirement:
- Achieve a passing score on the math placement test appropriate for your major.
- Receive university level transfer credit for Calculus I or higher.
- Pass Basic Math II at Fitchburg State University.
- For transfer students who enter Fitchburg State University in Fall 2017 or later, it suffices to have passed the Elementary Algebra Accuplacer placement test or a course equivalent to Basic Math II at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- For transfer students who enter Fitchburg State in Fall 2017 or later, it suffices to have transferred in a college level mathematics course taken at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
• Applicants must also complete all Fitchburg State University Admission Criteria – view the Transfer Application Checklist (PDF) for details.