Engineering Technology Department
||Abdel Gabar Mustafa
The Engineering Technology Department offers two degree programs and seven concentrations as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science & Technology (120 semester hours) with concentrations in Construction Management, Technology/Engineering Education 5-12 Licensure, Technology/Engineering Education Industry Training
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (120 semester hours) with concentrations in Architecture, Electronics Engineering Technology, Energy Management Engineering Technology, and Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
Engineering Technology Program (120 cr hrs)
The Engineering Technology Program focuses on the hands-on implementation of engineering principles supported by a knowledge of mathematics and science. Students apply their learned competencies to design products, processes, and systems. The program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology (120 credit hours) with concentrations of study in Architecture, Electronics Engineering Technology, Energy Management Engineering Technology, and Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
Engineering Technology Program Objectives
Our mission is to develop individuals who are innovative in problem solving, understand the inherent value of design, have high ethical standards, are skilled in communication, are cognizant of their responsibility for a sustainable future, and are responsive to change.
Engineering Technology Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will have the following:
(1) an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
(2) an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
(3) an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
(4) an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
(5) an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Requirements for the Major in Engineering Technology
The Degree of Bachelor of science in Engineering Technology (120 Cr Hrs) must include the following:
Designated Liberal Arts and Science Courses
Manufacturing Engineering Technology Concentration
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology Concentration addresses competencies in engineering design, manufacturing processes, sustainability and ethics. Specialized learning objectives enhance knowledge and skills in Industrial Automation, Enterprise Resource Planning and Lean 6 Sigma.